Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie
Vegetarian Shepherds's Pie is one of my favorite Thanksgiving leftover recipes! It's easy and delicious! I use all my leftovers for this, but usually have to add a bag of frozen mixed veggies. I love easy Thanksgiving leftover recipes and this one is tasty! This recipe isn't exactly low-cal with (mashed potatoes), but all the ingredients I used in making them were dairy-free and I used earth Balance instead butter.
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or olive oil)
- Mixed veggies (can use bag of frozen) or leftovers, such as green beans, carrots, peas, etc.
- Crumbled mushroom loaf (or other veggie meat, like sauteed crumbled tempeh, or lentils)
- Mashed potatoes
- Mushroom gravy
- Saute onion and garlic in a tsp. coconut oil (or Earth Balance or Olive oil) in a large skillet
- Add leftover mushroom loaf (crumbled), saute until lightly browned- or use any other veggie meat or Lentils for added protein! (add a little cayenne, garlic powder, sea salt or other seasonings of your choice)
- Add mixed veggies (or any leftover vegetables you have)
- Then, pour over the leftover mushroom gravy (stir and warm a few minutes)
- Add mixture to a greased casserole dish; (grease with coconut oil)
- Spoon over the leftover mashed potatoes and smooth out
- Sprinkle with paprika (optional)
- Bake at 350F' for about 25 min.
You might enjoy these other delicious, healthy Thanksgiving Recipes!
This mushroom lentil loaf makes a great dish any night of the week!