Quinoa Covered with Vegetables in a Coconut Cream Sauce
by Veronica Reimers
(Garden City, NY)
This is a recipe that is very flexible...you can make keep it strictly vegetarian or add fish, chicken or meat to it....depending on your own bio-individuality...it feeds four to six people.
- Two cups of quinoa
- two leeks sliced thin
- one medium onion sliced diced small
- four carrots medium sliced
- two medium size cooking tomatoes diced small
- one cup of fennel diced small
- one yellow and one green zucchini sliced thin
- four tablespoons of unsweetened coconut cream (Let's - Do....Organic)
- two teaspoons of curry powder
- One and a half to two cups of water (it may vary depending of amount of veggies used), the water should not totally cover the veggies in the pot...
Cook two cups of quinoa with four cups of water add a teaspoon of coconut oil and a sprinkle of salt...simmer semi covered for about 15 minutes..
In the meantime prepare the vegetables. Add one tablespoon of coconut oil to a the pot and add the leeks the onion and the tomatoes, stir until onion seems translucent and then add carrots, fennel, and zucchini. Stir and add water, coconut cream, salt to taste, and curry. Simmer, cover and let it cook at low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
Serve on top of quinoa...enjoy...it makes a delicious lunch or dinner. ❤❤