Lentil Chili with Quinoa
Lentil chili with quinoa is a delicious, healthy chili recipe! This a healthy version of a fall favorite! Lentils and quinoa provide a lot of protein and nutrients. This is a very easy chili recipe to make and you will have plenty of leftovers too!
Ingredients: Use organic whenever possible!
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ribs celery, sliced
- 2 cups lentils (green or red, or combination of both)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (no-salt added)
- 1 small can of tomato paste (optional- but not needed if using packet of chili seasoning)
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth (or water)
- 2 tbsp. chili powder, 2 tbsp. cumin, 1 tsp. cayenne pepper, 1 tsp. sea salt (or 1 package of chili seasoning)
- Green onions chopped for garnish
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- Prepare quinoa. Boil 2 cups quinoa with 4 cups water for about 15 min. with lid on.
- Wash the celery thoroughly. Chop celery, onion, and garlic.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add celery, onion, and garlic. Stirring until soft, about 3 min.
- Add chili powder, cayenne, salt, & cumin. Stir in lentils. Saute on medium-low until slightly soft, but not overcooked.
- Add tomato paste and water (or stock). Stir until paste is dissolved. Then, stir in the diced tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil for a couple of min. Then, reduce heat to low & simmer for about 20 min.
- Fill a bowl with approximately 1 cup of quinoa. Spoon (or ladle) lentil chili into bowls, top with diced green onions and serve.
Wash celery. Chop celery, onions, and garlic.
Lightly saute celery, onions, & garlic in coconut oil over medium-low heat, stirring until soft.
Stir in seasonings and lentils.
Stir in tomato paste (if not using chili seasoning packet).
Pour in broth or water and bring to a boil, then quickly reduce heat to low and simmer.
Fill a bowl with 1/2 to 1 cup of cooked quinoa.
Top with chopped green onions and serve!
This a hearty, fall chili recipe! It's a perfect meal to warm you up on those cool autumn nights!
You might also like this veggie chili recipe with 3 beans!