Curried Quinoa with Cashews
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 1/4 cups water (or low-sodium vegetable broth)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced julienne
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed
- (optional) Grape tomatoes or sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp. each of curry powder and turmeric
- 1 tsp. of cayenne pepper, crushed red chili pepper, and sea salt
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, zucchini and garlic and cook and stir for 2 minutes; add quinoa and cook and stir until lightly toasted.
2. Pour water or broth into the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and stir in salt and curry, turmeric, chili pepper, and cayenne powders; cover and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
3. Stir in garbanzo beans and tomato or red pepper. Heat for about 5 more minutes.
4. Lightly toast cashews. Sprinkle cashews over quinoa, season to taste with salt and pepper and serve!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Quinoa Recipe Challenge.