Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas
Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas are healthy gluten-free snack. They are crunchy like chips, but they are roasted NOT fried. They have 6 grams of protein per serving.
These crispy little snacks are HIGHLY addicting, so you might want to double or triple the recipe so you have enough for the week! They are so quick and easy to make. Roasted chickpeas are the same as roasted garbanzo beans. Using canned or boxed beans (as I did), makes it super easy to make and saves a lot of time.
- One or two 15-ounce can organic garbanzo beans
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Sea Salt
- Other Spices of your choice (cayenne pepper, garlic salt, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Drain the can of garbanzo beans in a strainer and rinse with water. Pour the beans over a paper towel and gently press to dry the beans. Roll the beans around with the paper towel to remove the skin from any of the beans.
- Pour the beans onto a baking sheet. Drizzle the beans with olive oil and toss around to coat. Roast for about 40 minutes until the beans are golden brown and crunchy. Toss them every few minutes to make sure that the beans don't burn.
- Season with sea salt. Enjoy! (Try not to eat them all at once!)
Readers who enjoyed this also like these Baked Kale Chips!