Blueberry protein bars are a healthy gluten-free protein bar. Many protein bars on the market are made with unhealthy ingredients, like soy-protein isolates. They can also be very expensive! This is the ULTIMATE healthy granola bar! You can make a large batch of this energy bar recipe and you'll have a quick healthy snack for days!
Blueberry Brazil Nut Energy Bars
- 1 cup Brazil nuts (or almonds)
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds (raw)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (raw)
- 10 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup dried blueberries (or cranberries)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (use gluten-free if you have a sensitivity to gluten!)
- 2 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 2/3 cup agave (or maple syrup or coconut nectar)
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat an oven to 300 degrees. Lightly grease a baking dish with coconut oil. Mix ground flax with 1/4 cup water and let it sit until mixture turns "gel-like".
2. Grind the brazil nuts, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, and oats in a food processor until they are course.
3. Pour the ground mixture into a large bowl. Stir in the blueberries, dates, agave (I used coconut nectar instead), flax mixture, and cinnamon until evenly combined. Press the mixture into the pan.
4. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until lightly brown. Cool completely. Cut into 8-12 bars. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
These protein bars make a quick, healthy snack! You can wrap them up and you'll have easy "grab and go" snack to take with you. The seeds and nuts provide protein and give you energy for hours!