Blueberry & Almond Oatmeal
Warm cinnamon oatmeal with blueberries, flax, almonds and maple syrup
Warm cinnamon oatmeal is "kicked-up a notch" with blueberries, flaxseeds and almonds in this recipe. Drizzle with fresh, organic maple syrup for added sweetness without the need for sugar. It will warm you up on cool, fall mornings and keep you full for hours!
Ingredients: Use organic ingredients whenever possible!
- 1 cup rolled or steel cut oats (can use quick oats if in a hurry)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of finely ground flax seeds
-1/2 cup almonds, slivered
- 1 teaspoon organic Maple Syrup (or Agave Nectar)
1. Bring the water to a boil. Slowly stir in oats. Add cinnamon and stir to combine.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer.
3. When oats are almost done cooking (about 15 min. or 5 min. for quick-oats), stir in blueberries and ground flaxseeds. Stir and let simmer for a few more minutes.
4. Remove from heat. Add oatmeal to a bowl. Top with almonds and drizzle with maple syrup (or agave). Enjoy!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Favorite Fall & Holiday Recipes.