Arugula Beet Salad
This arugula beet salad is a perfect healthy fall salad recipe! It's topped with toasted pumpkin seeds and balsamic vinaigrette.
If you roast several beets at once, you can store them in the refrigerator to add to salads throughout the week! I like to mix red beets and golden beets.
- Bunch of red and golden beets (roasted)
- Handful of fresh arugula
- Few stalks of green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds (pepitas), toasted
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Prepare beets by roasting them ahead of time and refrigerate before using. Dice cooled, roasted beets. (I use 1/2 golden + 1/2 red beet for each salad).
- Toast pumpkin seeds. Sprinkle with sea salt and dry fry in stainless steel skillet on medium heat for a few minutes. (Turn them often so they don't burn!)
- Place a large handful of arugula on a plate.
- Add diced beets, green onions, & pumpkin seeds to the salad. Drizzle with a sweet balsamic dressing. Enjoy!
The pumpkin seeds will burn easily, so watch them carefully!