White Bean and Greens Soup
White bean and greens soup is a healthy vegetarian white bean soup recipe. Add greens and rosemary to make it a tuscan bean soup style! This soup is creamy and delicious, yet dairy-free without the need for milk or heavy cream!
- 2 cans organic Navy Beans
- 1 box (4 cups) Organic low-sodium vegetable broth
- yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups greens (kale or chard, etc.), chopped
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon each of (sea salt, dried rosemary & thyme)
- 3 tablespoons Nutritional yeast Flakes (optional)
- Wash greens and parsley. Chop and set aside.
- Rinse beans.
- Chop onion and garlic.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic to pot. Saute until onion is translucent. Stir in greens and 1 can beans. Sprinkle with sea salt, thyme, & rosemary.
- Add the box of vegetable broth + 1 cup water to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low and simmer.
- Meanwhile, add 1 can beans, nutritional yeast, + 1 ½ cups water to a blender. Blend on high until smooth. (Add more water if needed to reach a smooth consistency).
- Add pureed beans to the pot and stir. Simmer for a few more minutes. Add chopped parsley & serve.
You might also like these other simple, healthy soups:
Miso Mushroom Soup