Sundried Tomato Basil Pesto
Sundried Tomato Basil Pesto is perfect way to PERK up any pesto dish! This is a vegan pesto recipe that's delicious! Vegans and non-vegans alike will certainly enjoy this tasty dish!
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup brazil nuts or pine nuts
- 3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- Sea Salt (or garlic salt) and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Red pepper Flakes or cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- Sprinkle with dairy-free parm cheese
- Pulse brazil nuts a few times in a food processor before adding the sundried tomatoes. Add tomatoes and pulse again.
- Add the garlic & pulse a few more times. Then, add the basil.
- Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on.
- Stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula. Add the nutritional yeast and pulse again until blended. Add a pinch of sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, and red pepper flakes or dash of cayenne pepper to taste.
- Serve with whole grain or brown rice pasta, & toss with kalamata olives. Top with dairy-free parmesan "cheese".
You can use any whole grain or sprouted grain penne pasta for this recipe. I used organic brown rice pasta. This kind by Jovial is gluten-free & does not stick or clump...it comes out perfectly like any white pasta would!
Sprinkle with this delicious dairy-free parmesan "cheese".
You might also like these other pesto recipes!