Stir-fried Quinoa: Every good cook has a few tried and true recipes they can rely on when all else fails. This is mine! I make it nearly every week because it so simple to make! This is a quick and easy stir-fry recipe. Replace rice with quinoa for a healthy, nutrient rich stir fry that tastes delicious.
Ingredients: Use organic ingredients whenever possible!
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 package extra firm organic tofu or tempeh
- 1 package mixed vegetables (peas, corn, carrots)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 package button mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 tsp. coconut oil (or safflower oil)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. Braggs Liquid Aminos or low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. sriracha sauce (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp. agave (optional)
- Cook quinoa according to package. 2 cups quinoa, 4 cups water. Bring to a boil and simmer on low covered for about 15 min. or until tender.
- Heat 1 tsp.coconut oil over medium-low heat in a large pan. Lightly saute the mushrooms, onions, and garlic. Do not overcook.
- In a separate pan. Heat 1 tsp. coconut oil over medium heat. Saute tofu or tempeh until lightly browned on each side. Make sure to press tofu before cutting. Add 1 tbsp. Braggs or soy with 1 tbsp. sriracha sauce (and a drizzle of agave if you prefer to sweeten it a bit) to the cooked tofu or tempeh. Simmer over low heat.
- Thaw mixed veggies (thaw in hot water until warmed through; do not overcook)
- Add cooked quinoa and mixed veggies to the mushroom, onion, garlic mixture. Add 1 tbsp. Braggs and the other tbsp. of sriracha sauce. Stir until thoroughly mixed together. Stir fry over low heat for a few minutes until heated through.
- Serve sauteed tofu or tempeh over the stir-fried quinoa. Enjoy!
You can add more sauce as needed if the quinoa still seems a little dry. There are usually plenty of leftovers! It is terrific the next day for lunch or dinner as well. If you are in a hurry, you could eliminate the mushrooms and onions. It will save some "chopping time" and it is just as delicious with the quinoa and mixed vegetables.
You might also like these other quinoa recipes:
Cheesy Quinoa Casserole
Black Bean Quinoa Salad
Greek-Style Quinoa Salad
Health Benefits of Quinoa
Click Here to Enter the Quinoa Recipe!