Healthy Homemade Noodle Soup
This Healthy Homemade Noodle Soup is just like the chicken noodle soup grandma used to make…well kind of. It's a healthier meat-free version that's every bit as tasty and packed with protein!
Ingredients: Use organic ingredients whenever possible!
- 1 package noodles or pasta (I use quinoa pasta)
- 1 can cannellini beans (or Navy Beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced (or 1 1/2 cups of sliced mini-carrots)
- 6-8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth (1 box)
- 1 tsp. of each: (parsley, oregano, thyme)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Optional:(sprinkle with Nutritional Yeast- makes it nice and creamy!)
- Cook pasta according to package.
- Meanwhile, wash and chop the vegetables.
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add the carrots, celery, and onions.
- Cook until veggies are slightly soft, but still firm. Stir frequently.
- Stir in mushrooms, garlic and seasonings.
- Cook a few more minutes. Then, pour in the veggie broth and stir. Vegetables should be slightly firm; not mushy.
- Drain and rinse the pasta. Fold the pasta and cannellini beans into the soup pot and stir. Bring to a slight boil. Then, reduce heat to low and simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour into bowls. Sprinkle with Nutritional Yeast and serve with toasted Ezekiel bread with Earth Balance spread (optional).
This healthy homemade noodle soup is extremely delicious and nutritious! The cannellini beans, quinoa pasta and Nutritional Yeast provide plenty of protein (no chicken needed!) It is a quick and easy soup to make on cool winter nights. There are usually plenty of leftovers as well!
Do you have a delicious noodle soup recipe? Please share in the comments box below!