Greek Style Quinoa Salad
Greek-Style Quinoa Salad: This fresh-tasting salad packs a protein punch! It makes a delicious side dish or it can be stuffed into a pita for a complete lunch.
Ingredients: Use organic ingredients whenever possible!
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 cup chopped tomato, seeded
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup diced, cucumber
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 1/2 cup non-dairy yogurt (I like So Delicious Greek Yogurt)
- Sea salt & pepper
- Garlic powder & Onion powder (optional)
- Cook quinoa according to package. 2 cups quinoa, 4 cups water. Bring to a boil and simmer on low covered for about 15 min. or until tender. Let cool.
- Chop tomato, onion, cucumber, olives and dill.
- Whisk lemon juice, yogurt, sea salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder in a small dish. Set aside.
- Place quinoa, tomato, onion, cucumber, olives and dill in a large glass bowl. Pour the yogurt mixture over the quinoa and toss lightly with a fork until combined. Sprinkle with more fresh dill and add more sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve as a side dish or stuff into pita pockets with spinach for lunch!
You might also like these other quinoa recipes:
Cheesy Quinoa Casserole
Black Bean Quinoa Casserole
Read These Health Benefits of Quinoa!